Midland Family Physicians, PC has adopted a policy regarding refilling medications:
- Medication refills will only be made if the patient has been seen in the office within the past twelve months for a visit relevant to the medication request.
- For chronic conditions an office visit at three and six months may be necessary.
- Controlled substance refills will require annual appointments to sign a controlled substance agreement contract. Follow up appointments will be needed every 3-6 months depending on the controlled substance.
- For some prescription refills, blood work may be necessary to ensure correct dosing.
- Please be aware that it might take up to 72 hours to process your refill request. If you use a mail order pharmacy it can take up to one week to deliver medications.